1. Walk throughs of classrooms, media centers, etc.; frequent, informal
2. Ear to the ground; what is being talked about in the school?
3. Sample the goods; what are students learning? what are teachers providing?
4. Ask the customers; what are students saying? what are parents saying?
5. Interact with each teacher on more than two subjects; break out of the patterns of same conversations, same topics with each teacher.
6. Share what you see; tell teachers what you observe and think about what you see.
7. Share what you know; tell teachers your views, opinions, reactions, insights, knowledge, perceptions, experiences.
8. Listen, listen, listen.